Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Yowch!

One of my hobbies is trying to predict the weather. I leave my apartment at 6am every morning, so it's hard to know what it will be like and, more importantly, how I should dress. Seattle weather is incredibly fickle. I am almost always wrong in my predictions, but today I got it right. Shorts and a tank top for this 70 degree day.

I want to show you the brand new sunburn that I got on my shoulders today. My disgusted face should tell you how I feel about this. I find peeling skin to be one of the grossest things in the world and I am worried that it will happen to me today. Haha, oh boy I'm sure those tan lines will look super hot in the spaghetti strap dress I'll be wearing at Gen's wedding.

8 comments:

Cassy said...

Aloe aloe aloe aloe.... if you dont want to peel, that is. Trust someone who knows all too well.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Yeah aloe and I are good friends these days. I went and wore a t-shirt today (I couldn't bear to show my shoulders. Get it? Bear... bare...) Anyways, now I have a farmers, uh, burn to go with my striped shoulders.

Cassy said...

Hahaha. That sucks.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Okay I just had a brilliant idea... I will just lay out in the sun to fix these tanlines and... I WILL DO IT WEARING THE DRESS! That way the tanlines will match the spaghetti straps and nobody will see them. I'm so smart sometimes. And yet so dumb.

kortney said...

I didn't think that you looked disgusted in this photo. I didn't at all...I thought you looked beautiful.

Actually at first I was confused - you didn't seem the type to take "beauty" shots by yourself with a camera...that's very grade eightish and I was confused. And then I read the post.

Just so you know!

Ashley Ronnell said...

That makes me think of "Glamour Shots by Deb" from Napoleon Dynamite... Haha.

And thanks for the compliment! It took me by surprise because that was the day BEFORE our shower was fixed, so I was in Seattle grunge mode.

I need to practice my disgusted face.

kinneyland said...

I've seen your disgusted face many times, that's not it.
Everyone always has tan lines when spaghetti straps are worn. I once thought about using sunless tanner to work out the tan lines, but figure I would go over the lines and just make it look even worse.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Do I at least look a bit bothered? I WAS bothered, so I must look bothered.

(And now the big Z-shaped tanlines are on my feet again and I'm pretty sure than any shoes I wear to this wedding will look ridiculous. Ha!)