Sunday, May 06, 2007

Where are the Super Mario Bros. when I need them?

I'm basically expecting to not be able to shower at my apartment ever again. The plumber came today and he was only 4 hours late. He was a cute Japanese boy, though, so I forgave him. He didn't come to fix it, just to assess the situation. Apparently he needs to take out the entire wall behind the shower in order to fix it. Oy, that wall is in my room, right next to my bed. Also, Lance (my evil landlord) came by earlier today to tell me that the plumber was going to come today and also to tell me a couple of other dumb things that brought back that familiar urge to hurt someone.

Oh boy, here comes the rant!

I'm sorry, Lance, but I haven't been able to shower at my apartment since Monday. That makes me grumpy. Perhaps now is not the opportune time for telling me that I need to find another place to keep the things that my roommate is keeping in our covered outdoor area. Nor do I want to hear what you think about the smell of our apartment. Some of our things are MOLDING, probably because there's so much freaking MOISTURE in here because our bathtub faucet is LEAKING. Fix it. And until you do, do not come in here complaining about odors and spraying Febreeze like crazy. I really can't be bothered with such things right now. In fact, don't even talk to me until my bathing does not involve squatting next to the faucet with a bowl.

That's what I was thinking, but since I'm so passive I just said something pleasant about how it was nice of the plumber to come out today and how I'd try and find another place for Erin's things. Haha, maybe one day I'll learn to stick up for myself. Until then... can I borrow your shower?

Anyways, aside from that little annoyance things are going great. I'm leaving Seattle in 13 days. I haven't had a social life for months, but it seems that I have still managed to retain my friends here because this getting ready to move business has been very busy and social. Everyone is trying to monopolize my time and I am alright with that. Even if it means staying up past my bedtime a few times or using some money to go out for food or drinks. After all, this is the end of an era!

6 comments:

Cassy said...

You can use my shower in 13 days. I was going to say, that I dont nkow how you are getting to Canada, but I can pick you up in Sumas if you want.

Breathing Aether said...

Oh, no! You should have called me! I would have been like, "I WILL FIX UR SHOWER ASHLEY" And done... something. My shower is your shower, if you need it. I will stand on the other side of your shower curtain and pour buckets over your head and think it's hilarious, too, if you need.
And I'm also really good at packing/hauling shit around, if you need that.
But I'm going to miss you when you're in Canada. :( Don't stop blogging, and I'll pretend you didn't move.

Anonymous said...

Um you can shower in my shower...Good story....ok no...anyways....did the cute plumber have a cute bum? Maybe he is friends/brothers with Ichiro!!!

Jen said...

You can use my shower. I even cleaned it today. It may end up being the most expensive shower that you have ever had though, what with the plane ticket and all.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Wow, I have received at least a dozen shower offers in the past couple of days. My favorite offer is MA's - to pour buckets of water over my head for me. I'm not going to lie, Sam and Jen's are the least convenient and, while going to and isolated place to take a shower wouldn't be that great of a story, I think that going on a showering tour would be a GREAT story. It would be the type of tour that a band goes on, but there would be showering instead of music and there would be no audience. I think this might be my calling in life.

The cute plumber had a pretty nice bum, but he was no Ichiro. I'd say maybe Ichiro's second or third cousin. Or just a guy.

Breathing Aether said...

I dunno, Ashley... Standing shivering waiting for the buckets to fill might be *more* inconvenient than hopping on a place. Unless, of course, your friends within plane distance refused to loan you some shampoo. Because you would have to perform sexual favors for the security people before they'd let you bring a liquid shampoo on the plane. And think how inconvenient that would be. So I still win.