Saturday, January 13, 2007

Suburbia

Did I ever mention how much I dislike the suburbs? Probably not. Because, while I've never been a huge fan of suburbia, I don't think that I have had a reason to actively dislike them until right now.

Let me explain.

This weekend I am hanging out with my two year old cousin while his parents are out of town. They live in an apartment in the suburbs of Seattle, so that is where I am for the weekend. Dylan (the cousin) and I went for a walk to the grocery store to get something for dinner. But before we left I thought to myself, "I'd better remember the apartment number." 302. I remembered it. It was not until we got back that I realized that there are about a billion apartments in this complex claiming the number 302, each prefixed with a different letter of the alphabet. Ridiculous. Let's just say I did not find the right apartment on the first try. Or the second. Or the third. Stupid generic housing complexes. But other than that we are having a lot of fun.

1 comment:

kinneyland said...

oh dear, what an unfortunate time for you. Well at least you had a two year old with you