Monday, November 03, 2008

Unless you are Sam or Sam's mom, you probably have not heard that I am a non-student again. It's true, and rather frustrating.

Just into my third week of the course, I was informed by the university that I no longer had an instructor. They gave me the option of continuing the course with no instructor until they found one, but I kind of always thought that one of the benefits of a university education is being taught by people who are experts on the topics that are being presented. So, I decided to withdrawl from the course. Perhaps I will re-register if a new instructor is found but, for now, I would rather not do assignments with no opportunity for feedback and with no idea of what the new instructor's expectations will be.

UW refunded my tuition, but not my registration fee, which I think is ridiculous. So, now I have to write them a petition. Did I mention that they sent me a fatty course reader that I specifically requested not to be sent to me, and now I have to mail that back for a refund as well?

Forget University of Washington, I'm transferring to University of Calgary.

Phew... sorry about the rant. Once in awhile you just gotta, you know what I'm saying?

2 comments:

kinneyland said...

U of C!

U of C!

Cassy said...

I hear you as far as the rant goes. I am a ranter, too. Good for you. It helps.

....and that is ridiculous. They should give you your money back. And while the Canadian dollar is still low, to boot.