Tuesday, November 04, 2008


... a long time ago.

I think I'll go for a walk down to the Apple store to pass the time. I'm thinking of getting a MacBook. And I should really get out of the house, as all of the election news is freaking me out.

Also, I just heard a funny news brief. Starbucks was initially going to offer a free cup of coffee to anyone who voted, but it turned out to violate an election law that bans giving gifts for voting. So, instead, anyone who asks gets a free cup of coffee regardless of whether or not they voted.

So, if you are in the states and looking to pass some time on this election day, go get yourself a free Cup of Joe (no reference to the plumber intended). You never know how long election night is going to be, after all.

6 comments:

arbyn said...

hahahha. cup of joe. I wonder who Starbucks is voting for.

kinneyland said...

Interesting. I heard they were giving free coffee to voters, never thought about how it is sort of paying someone to vote. Of course, I'm sure they were not going to force proof of voting before you got your coffee.
At least this way minors got free caffeine too.

kortney said...

That was me who removed my comment. I had real bad spelling - it tried to say thanks for being nice and not a jerk. I didn't mean to delete your comment on my blog. Just so you know :)

PS: My word verification is cough. I've never seen it spell an actual word.

VanillaRose said...

GET A MAC!!!

Election freaking you out? Yeah, me too. :)

running g said...

think obama's exciting up in calgary--try being in chicago!!!!
my students were crazy today! :-)

bizzybee said...

and ben&jerry's gave out free ice cream!