Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Projects

I am working on a variety of projects at the moment, but for now I will show you the rice bag I made yesterday. It's the first time I've used the sewing machine, so it was pretty exciting. There's the rice bag in front of my sewing machine. It's not a left-handed sewing machine, but looks backwards because apparently that is what Apple's Photo Booth application does to photos. Anyways, I made the bag two layers thick, and the outer layer has an open side so that I can wash it. I'm kind of hoping to get a bit of a headache someday soon so I can see if it helps.
Sewing is SO fun, my sort of hobby for sure. I inherited the sewing machine when my great-grandma passed away last spring and I really value it a lot. She was an incredible seamstress. I also got the quilt that she had been working on. It's not quite finished. I hope to one day have the skills to finish it, but for now I will stick with things I can manage. Like rice bags, which can be any shape, so there's really no such thing as messing up. Unless you don't leave a hole to pour the rice in, a mistake I almost made but managed to avoid.

2 comments:

kinneyland said...

Good project. I made one last year for pregnancy related soreness, I doubt I would be smart enough to remember to use it when I get a headache.

running g said...

man...my computer broke down, and I haven't checked your blog in a while---man, you blog a lot! :-)

btw...i clip my toenails in the bathroom over the toilet lid, then scoop them up and toss.

And...the rice bag I have really helps when I get stressed out... neck and shoulder tightness, but I can't really imagine you having chronic shoulder and neck stress, cause you don't seem like one who is stressed in that way?!?!?