Monday, November 24, 2008

Rice is the cure.

I had a brutal headache last night. I've been getting them a lot. They're even making me throw up, and I am not generally a throw upper. But most of the time they just hurt. Anyways, it was pretty bad, I couldn't drive myself home, blah blah blah. So I promised Sam and her mom that I'd go see a doctor today and I did. He said they are caused by stress and tension. I tried to explain that I don't lead a stressful life at all, but that was his answer. Oh well, at least he prescribed me some good drugs for it.

The reason I tell you this is that I also want to tell you that I sewed my very own rice bag! Using the sewing machine I inherited last spring and a pair of old jammies. Rice bags are supposed to be great for relieving tension in the shoulders and neck, so maybe it will help with these headaches. If not, at least I've got my narcotic analgesics now (how do you like my drug vocabulary, Sam?).

1 comment:

Cassy said...

John-Mark throws up when he gets migraines... that is no fun!

I am glad the rice bag helps!