Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Bzzzzz

I typically put my phone on vibrate when I don't want to draw attention to myself if it happens to ring. But this is really not the best plan for me.

For example: tonight I put it on vibrate when I got to our young adults Bible study, but before the actual study started otherwise it would have been turned off. Anyways, it started ringing, and by ringing I mean vibrating. It startled me so badly that I jumped and flailed my arms, spilling a girl's tea and causing general confusion to everyone around me. That sure didn't draw any attention to myself. Riiiiight...

It was Sam. I think she's accustomed to the way I answer the phone with a hint of hyperventilation in my voice. (I breathe really fast when something scares or surprises me.)

Speaking of Sam, I am not going to see her in FOREVER! OK it is really just maybe 4 weeks or something while she is in Japan and I am in the Olympic rainforest, but I still think I will need to take up a temporary hobby to get me through such a lengthy separation. Any ideas?

4 comments:

kinneyland said...

I twice had my phone on vibrate in a chest pocket and when it went off I thought I was having a heart attack. Twice.
Also, a good hobby for you is to knit a cardigan. It's easy, go for it!

VanillaRose said...

go on an adventure with Erin. Haha.

Anonymous said...

I hear stamp collecting is a good hobby...it's super cheap if instead of buying stamps you just look through the trash for used ones you've never seen before.

-B

Ashley Ronnell said...

Hahaha... heart attack?? really??

And I like your hobby, B.