Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jetlag?

So, the day Sam got back from Japan I drove down to her neighborhood. We ate some pizza, drank some coffee, I grumbled about The Gap, we watched some hockey, and then watched the end of the game in bed at Sam's house. (We had a sleepover.)

Now, Sam had been awake for 28 hours or something crazy like that, so she started snoozing during the second period of the hockey game. But it wasn't until about an hour after the game was over and the TV and lights were off that she started talking nonsense. Sam is not one to talk in her sleep, but apparently she is.

First she mumbled something about hockey sticks. I was still awake at this point, so I turned over and said, "huh?" Then she groaned, sounding frustrated, and said, "oh, nevermind." A couple of minutes later she said, "sleepy sleepy time!" and started snoozing again. Weird.

Maybe an hour later Sam turned to me and said, "I gotta go potty." Fine with me. So she got up and started to walk around the bed and towards the door. But then she appeared to get lost halfway. So she whispered to me, "hey, where's the bathroom?" I just stared at her. It's Sam's house, after all. And her bedroom only has one exit. And the bathroom is only like 8 steps outside of that exit. I think she may have been frustrated by my lack of an answer, but she still found her way to the door OK.

Before Sam exited the room she tried me again, "hey, where's the bathroom?" Again, I stared. She waited. I didn't answer. We were both just staring at each other, waiting. I was waiting for her to figure out where she was, she was waiting for an answer to her question. No luck for either of us. So she left. Sounded like she made it alright. Weird.

2 comments:

Cassy said...

Wow, that is really funny. Maybe she could stay up for a ridiculous amount of time this weekend, too.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Yes. Tomorrow may even be our best chance at this, as Sam is WORKING in the morning. (She'd never be up before 10 otherwise.)