Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Seriously?

Let me start off by saying that this post is in no way an invitation for you to prank call me.

Last night Sam found out that I don't have caller ID on my phone. I told her. I don't know what would ever make me think that was a smart thing for me to tell her, but I told her nonetheless.

Anyways, we were done talking and about half an hour later she prank called me. Sam kind of sucks at prank calls. She just yelled "BOO!" and then hung up. Then she called back like 30 seconds later to laugh at how "funny" she is.

BUT THEN... today, while I was "working" (mostly playing Wii), I got a phone call from some lady speaking in broken English asking for someone named... Akiko. Actually, I can't remember what name she said, but my second cousin's wife is Japanese and named Akiko, so I'll just go with that for now. I hope that doesn't make me culturally insensitive. I politely tried to explain to the confused lady that she had the wrong number.

I figured that, even though it did NOT sound like Sam, she must be the one behind this nonsense.

It was NAN prank calling me. As in, Sam's grandma. As in, Sam had her GRANDMA prank call me. Isn't that messed up?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not messed up at all..it was AMAZING, who else in the world could get their Grandma in on prank calling on of their friends?? like really?

arbyn said...

that's messed up.

can I have your number?

Cassy said...

Thats awesome.
I read your facebook message before I read this one, and I didnt really get it until now.