Sunday, October 04, 2009

Movin' along...

I am into my fourth week of couch surfing. Actually, I was floor surfing this past week. I have been sleeping really well on the floor, but I have had crazy dreams almost every night. Also, I am finding some large knots in my back. I think Lindsey got a couch delivered to her apartment today, though, so it should be a little cozier tonight.

Overall, Seattle has been a good time so far. I am getting a lot of chill time with some of my favorite university friends, I am enjoying the randomness of the University District (yesterday a girl walked by a window i was sitting next to with a cat perched on each shoulder), I am eating a lot of good food, and I am getting a lot of work done in the class I am taking, Philosophy 101. I am actually enjoying the class more than I expected to. It is not as floaty as I thought it would be and I am really loving that it is online. I am more articulate as a writer than I am as a speaker, so that works for me.

There are certainly ups and downs to the whole deal, but there are ups and downs everywhere. I am mostly doing OK. Having been pulled out of a place I love is still hard to handle some days, but I am discovering that I haven't been transplanted to a bad place. It is good. It is not what I wanted, but I didn't ask God to give me what I wanted, I asked him to give me what He wanted. Now I'm trying to want what He wants, but it is hard to get past my own agenda.

No comments: