Sunday, October 18, 2009

Further Adventures

Couch surfing aside, I am having an adventurous time in Seattle. I am still looking for more work and anxiously awaiting the study permit application/decision, but there are cool things for me to do in the meantime.

Since I am a student, I got a little bit of a deal on a transit pass. So, I have one of those that is valid until right around the time I leave. I am doing my best to utilize the transit pass by choosing different neighborhoods to study/read/hang out in. It's pretty fun. Right now I'm in Capitol Hill by myself, sitting upstairs in a coffee/crepe shop called Joe Bar and sipping on an Americano, listening to some Supertramp, doing some people watching, a little reading and writing. Life is good, it seems, when I put in a little effort.

Seattle has so many nooks and crannies. Places to explore. Lots of water and hills and other things that you don't find in Calgary. I don't think I'll ever know all of the ins and outs of this city, but it sure is a good time trying to figure some of them out. If I get really adventurous, I will embark on a ferry adventure or two, just for kicks...

If you want to try and figure out where I've been couch surfing, I think the map on the left is pretty fun. Right now I'm in Northgate. Before that, I was in Green Lake and, before that, Wallingford. I work in Windermere. Do any of the neighborhoods you see on the map sound interesting to you? I'm still thinking of where I want to explore tomorrow....

1 comment:

kinneyland said...

I wish I could explore Seattle with you. I never know what to see, but I know there is lots of cool. And lots of coffee. mmm

I'm glad you're making the most of being there. Seems like a pretty good place to be exiled to.