Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Sam to Peru


Sam is an absolute MANIAC when she is packing. She has containers in containers in bags. She is prepared for all emergencies - everything from her shoes breaking to having 4 pens run out of ink. If the 4th pen ran out of ink, she would be glad she brought 5 of them. I'm not sure what she'd do if the 5th one ran out of ink. Hopefully she does not read this and then go straight to her room to pack another pen. 5 should be plenty. Anyways, watching her pack has been good entertainment tonight. If I didn't like her so much, I would wish that she would go away more often so I could watch her pack all the time.

In all seriousness, though, I think it's pretty sweet that she gets to go use her mad EMT skills way down in Lima. So, if you think of it, keep her in your thoughts and prayers for the next couple of weeks and join me in being glad that there are such useful ways of serving.

2 comments:

kortney said...

LOL - I'm packing right now, and I pack like Sam. I'm only going to my inlaws for 5 days, so pens aren't on the list, but I'm a little nuts with my packing routine too. Guess that's why we were roommates.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am so glad you have such good friends that are so much help to our world. You are a much better person for it and it makes me want to do more!

Love you!