Thursday, June 11, 2009

Phone

The doors were open this evening as I was eating my cheese and crackers. I heard a familiar buzzing noise, so I went looking for my phone, which I knew was on vibrate. I was surprised that it was vibrating for so long, but I continued looking. In the spirit of the hot and cold game, I followed the noise. It led me to the front door, which revealed the neighbor weedwhacking in his yard. Sure did sound like my phone, which was actually in my pocket the whole time.

4 comments:

kinneyland said...

When I read this quickly, it sounded to me like it was your phone you were hearing, but the sound keep moving since it was in your pocket.
That's how I'm going to remember the story anyway, b/c it's funnier to me.

VanillaRose said...

PHONE!!!

sara said...

the neighbor with no grass???

Ashley Ronnell said...

Haha, no, it was actually somebody across the street. And I didn't actually see him (I tend to embellish these stories), but I'd recognize the sounds of a weedwhacker anywhere!