Thursday, June 18, 2009

Monopoly...

Sam and I played Monopoly today and, when I started to get down on my luck, she was merciless! If Monopoly were real life, I think today would have gone something like this...

Sam: "Ashley, you owe me money."

Ashley: "I don't have any money, but you can have my computer."

Sam: "Pshhh... no way, your computer is used... practically worthless"

Ashley: "Are you kidding me??!! It's only a few months old, it's still under warrantee, and I paid a bunch of money for it! I'll Even throw in the carry case and printer."

Sam: "No, that's not enough."

Then I would proceed to sell all of my possessions on eBay and give all of the money to Sam.

Getting back to real life, I just want to say that I got the Nintendo version of Monopoly a few weeks ago and it is really fun. Some of the correlations to the original Monopoly are a bit of a stretch, but it's still sweet. Even when Sam "The Crazy Capitalist" Thomson gets Mario and Luigi within the first couple of rounds around the board, then proceeds to take me for all I'm worth as quickly as possible. It was even really fun the first time I played Nintendo Monopoly, when Jen took away the use of all of my fingers and both of my eyes in order to drag out the game for as long as possible. I think I suck at Monopoly.

3 comments:

Cassy said...

Dont play monopoly with Jen. That is just a bad idea.

...sorry Jen! :)

Jen said...

Haha, thanks Cassy.

In all fairness, Ashley would have won the game, but we were trying to extend it as long as we could so that we wouldn't be bored. I think it was better that way. (mainly due to the fact that I won)

Ashley Ronnell said...

Are you kidding me??!! I LOVE playing Monopoly with Jen! She was way nicer than Sam, even though she convinced me not to win and then took away my dignity while beating me bad.