Monday, June 15, 2009

Live vs. Not Live

When I saw the David Crowder Band play at YC, I LOVED it. They were fun, folksy, they had so much energy, and, I mean, look at the guy...





































He just looks cool, ya know what I mean? (Or maybe you think he looks crazy, but I think he looks cool.)

I had listened to an album or two before seeing him live, but I never really jumped on board. So, after I got back from YC, I gave him another chance. Though I really appreciate his music now, I STILL can't get into the albums. I think he's just one of those guys who is really really awesome live, and listening to his band any other way just doesn't compare. Maybe I will be able to enjoy the albums more when the concert isn't so recent an event in my mind?

Kind of the opposite of Taking Back Sunday. I saw them live before I had ever listened to any of their music and they were so terrible that I don't know if I'll ever give their albums a chance, though I have been assured by a couple of reputable friends that they are excellent. Whenever I think of Taking Back Sunday, I just want to pose like any of the four guys in the background.

No comments: