Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I just voted...

...and I must say, voting has never felt so right! The downside is having to wait two whole weeks for the results.

Am I being an egocentric American, or is the rest of the world also anxious about this election? I mean, if you're not American, odds are you've been frustrated with my country of citizenship at one point or another in the last 8 years, right? Not to say that you will never be frustrated again, but at this point change has got to be a good thing. If you are American, don't forget to go vote on Nov. 4!

Well, here's hoping that something changes. Now I'm gonna go all partisan on you and post a cool video.


4 comments:

kortney said...

In the American election do you vote for President and then your state delegate too? How does that work? Is it just the two choices for President?

Ashley Ronnell said...

We vote on each person individually. So, I cast a vote for pres/vp, then all the open congress offices, then the state reps, and vote yes or no on all the proposed initiatives and whatnot. In the end, I think it was about 30 things I checked off in.

While gallivanting around my local voting station during the Canadian election, I was absolutely shocked at how tiny the ballots were!

Cassy said...

Yeah, John-Mark was surprised at the Canadian ballots as well. They are tiny, with HUGE check boxes, haha.

running g said...

gotta love those black-eyed-peas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!