Friday, October 03, 2008

Friday of the Fair Trade Variety

Yeah, so I am running out of titles for Fair Trade Fridays. Anyways.

Today's Fair Trade product is Divine Chocolate. This chocolate is made with cocoa beans from Kuapa Kokoo, a cooperative in Ghana. And everyone knows the best chocolate comes from Ghana. In other words, it is really yummy. One thing I love about this chocolate is that its packaging is covered with Adinkra symbols from Ghana. A class I took once included a two hour lecture on Adinkra symbols and I like to think that, by eating this chocolate, I am using my University education in the real world. If you click the above link, you can learn what the symbols mean.

No joke, I am eating some Divine Chocolate as I write this post. (Thanks Cassy - what a perfect present!) It is the coffee milk chocolate kind and man is it ever delicious.

This short video is a lovely depiction of what the company is all about:

3 comments:

Cassy said...

You are welcome... I am glad you like it, and I hope it made it in one piece! (I swiped a bubble mailer form work...and then I made Mour warehouse guy mail it for me... ha!)

Cassy said...

PS - dont worry, this is allowed at my work.

Anonymous said...

Divine chocolate is THE BEST! I'm so jealous you are eating some! Man, I don't even know where to look for it in Nashville...whole foods maybe? I hate that place, so I don't really want to go in there, but I will for Divine because it is, well, you know...(divine - sorry! had to be said.)

Anyway, I also agree that Ghana chocolate is the best. I had some bitersweet chocolate from Australia one time that was made with Ghana chocolate, and it was also to die for.