Saturday, September 27, 2008

On My Birthday

I had the GREATEST birthday on Sunday.

Sam and I woke up to my way too upbeat alarm. We were in Camrose, at Jen and Colin's house. Last time we visited them, we really only visited Jen because Colin locked himself in his room to play World of Warcraft shortly after we arrived. But this time he stopped playing the game when we got there and even talked to us AND complimented my Charmander t-shirt! He is turning out to be a pretty good friend's husband, although I'm not sure if he can compete with John-Mark, who played a pretty long game of Dutch Blitz with us when we visited Cassy over the summer. The competition is pretty close at this point. (Of course, from my perspective, Bobby Knaus wins hands down. But he isn't included in this particular competition because Sam doesn't know him, or Gen for that matter.)

Anyways, I am way off track now. We got ready and left for Edmonton with a 9x12 pan full of cinammon rolls! Are Sam and I the only ones who didn't know how good Jen is at baking? Seriously. Every time we go there there is something baking, she's just like her mom!

OK back to the story... Edmonton. We got there with a little bit of time to spare, so we got some coffee and my mom called to wish me a happy birthday while we were in the coffee shop. While we were talking, my mom made an awesome insult against Sam and it caught me off guard, so I spit coffee all over the table. Oh well.

When it was time to go, we drove across the street to the science centre, where the BODY WORLDS EXHIBIT is!!!! It was SOOOOO cool! Seriously. We spent FOUR HOURS there and I have only good things to say about it. It wasn't gross or weird, it was educational and awesome. If you ever go, you should definitely spend the extra $6 on the audio tour. I wish I had pictures to show you, but photography was prohibited. I'd usually break a rule like that, but Sam is not a rule-breaker like I am, and I didn't want to deal with her disapproval all day. So you will have to live with the picture of us outside of the science centre. But look how nice Sam's new glasses are! I really like them, and I like to tell people that I picked them out. I kind of did, but that is after Sam narrowed it down to two options. Also, I never notice how much taller I am than Sam until I see pictures of us together. Weird.

After our science centre experience we went on a mini-adventure to find Wonk and Keywee. We thought we knew where their house was because Wonk took us on a tour of it last spring, but we were wrong. I guess their plans changed because that house was definitely empty. So, we went to their school, found some people who knew where they live, and went to their house. Pretty easy, really, but they were quite creeped out that we found them without an address or anything. We got bubble tea with them, dropped them back off at their house, and started our drive back to Calgary.

The drive back to Calgary was the longest 3 hour drive of my life! We were SO tired that we had to switch drivers twice. We stayed up way too late the night before playing with Toast, West Jet, Jen, and Colin. Then we got up way too early because we had to be in Edmonton for our ticket time. Anyways, I was so tired by the time we needed to leave Edmonton that I was feeling really sick. So Sam, who was also tired, started our drive while I took a nap. She made it maybe half an hour, then we switched. I drove for awhile while Sam took a nap, then she woke up and needed to go potty. This was just outside of Red Deer. She was so sure that the rest stop was "at the next turn... no wait, the next one" but we were pretty much in Airdrie by the time we got to the rest stop. From there, Sam drove me home, then herself home, and we both went to sleep.

It was a great day. Here are a couple of pictures from the non-Body Worlds part of the science centre.

3 comments:

running g said...

yeah. represent!

(and I do want to see that exhibit really bad!!)

running g said...

whoa! we just commented at the same time! what's up slut!

Megs said...

Woah! Even though it was long I made it through adn it does sound like a pretty freakin' awesome birthday!! Happy belated birthday my friend! im glad it was radicle! woo woo spent with radicle people hokie!! haha and I lvoe your randome tangents..i'd really like to know what your mom said about sam! tee hee