Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Facebook/Birthday Story

I came home on my birthday and found this written on my wall (my Facebook wall, not my literal wall):

"Hey! I totally meant to say it when I saw you at Church, but Happy Birthday!"

I didn't go to church on my birthday. I was out of town.

I deleted the post off of my wall. The author of the post is a bit of a sensitive sort of person, so I figured if I was going to point out her mistake on my blog, I should also make her untraceable. I'm pretty sure she doesn't read this, so it really shouldn't matter.

3 comments:

kinneyland said...

I was going to wish you a happy birthday when I saw you in Target.

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

Maybe you interpreted the note incorrectly? I think she intended to wish you happy birthday when she saw you at church, but you weren't at church so she couldn't say it.

"Hey! I totally meant to say it when I saw you at Church (however you weren't at church), but Happy Birthday!"

Ashley Ronnell said...

Maybe I'll introduce you to the author of the note one day, and then you can decide. Not only has she forgotten that she knows me on more than one occasion, she has never acknowledged meeting Sam, who she has definitely met more than once.