Monday, September 01, 2008

Richie Rich?

One of Jordie's blog post awhile back (click here if you want to read it) got me to thinking about how rich I am. I figured that I am probably pretty rich in the large scheme of things, but I wasn't really sure.

Then, the other day, I came across some numbers put out by the World Bank Development Research Group conveying the breakdown of individual annual incomes. I also found a website that uses these numbers to give you a global ranking and percentile if you enter your gross annual income. For their calculations, they use a global population of 6 billion and an average annual income of $5000.

I discovered that I am about the 684,923,240th richest person in the world! That puts me in the top 11.41%! Sometimes I think that I'm not making very much money. Perhaps I should spend more time thinking about the 88.19% of the people on earth who make less than I do.

Check it out for yourself:

www.globalrichlist.com

No comments: