Saturday, September 13, 2008

Surprise! Orange!

Yesterday was my surprise orange birthday party, put on by Sam's lovely family! I had no idea this was happening, the theme was orange (my favorite color), my birthday is pretty soon, and it was a party!

Here is how it happened... Sam asked me last week if I'd come down and watch Annie with her on Friday (yesterday). Of course I said yes. Yesterday finally came around and Sam and I grabbed some supper at Market Mall, then went to "watch Annie" at Nan and Pa's house.

We get down to Nan and Pa's house, walk in the door, and all of these wonderful members of Sam's family jump out and yell "SURPRISE!" Hopefully you anticipated that part of the story. It was a surprise party, after all.

They were all wearing orange, all of the snacks were orange, and I got a bag of orange presents, including an orange bell pepper! It was really fun. It might be my favorite ever birthday party, and I usually don't even like birthday parties (too much attention).

The weirdest part was my friend Janet (Sam's mom). She was totally the life of the party! She was out of control with her jokes involving the color orange, and then she proceeded to instigate a water fight in the dining room! It was really quite something, and we were all wondering what she had done with the real Janet.

Anyways, it was really fun. Sam's family is really great!

No comments: