Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sick Day and The House

Last weekend Sam gave me the gift that keeps on giving: her nasty cold. And since this past week hasn't exactly been conducive to getting better (see previous post), today I am going to be a bum, drink some lemon-honey water, eat some cough drops, and maybe meander out to Good Earth for a cup of herbal tea at some point.

Sunday and Monday night I couldn't sleep because I couldn't swallow. Since then it has been the phlegmy cough keeping me awake at night. Lovely.

Anyways, I really want to feel better for my first day volunteering at The House on Tuesday, so today I rest.

Speaking of which, I am REALLY excited about volunteering at The House on Tuesday. I'm gonna be a barista on Tuesday nights, which means I get to learn the art of making specialty coffee! It's gonna be so sweet. If you are confused by the concept of a volunteer barista, check out the link. I think the whole thing is a great idea.

No comments: