Monday, March 24, 2008

Flip Side

Today at Tim's... I order a steeped tea with 2 creams 1 sugar. Same non-native-English-speaker hands me a COFFEE. Seriously? Maybe she has the vocabulary mixed up. I think I may be crossing the line of cultural insensitivity. But REALLY?

Anyways, I drank the thing, and it didn't like me. That was this morning and my tummy is still all riled up over it. And now I can't sleep, yet again.

It probably doesn't help that I read the first chapter of my new book, Coffee: A Dark History. It told me all about how TERRIBLE cheap coffee is for my health, possibly making me feel even worse about the whole situation. I could go off on a rant about that now, but I'll spare you for today.

Again, I say, DRINK TEA!

(P.S. The losing streak hit 30 today... ouch.)

3 comments:

Cassy said...

Wow, I am sorry about your losing streak. Hopefully you wont have to roll 40 more rims until you win again.

kortney said...

Ashley, why don't you take it back and say you wanted tea, not coffee? That's what I would do.

kinneyland said...

How odd. You'd think working at a place like timmy ho's you'd learn "coffee' and 'tea' quite quickly. Another trick is that the hot chocolate has trans fat, giving even more fuel to your tea pushing.