Friday, March 21, 2008

Comprende?

Yesterday morning Steve (the dad) informed me that he and Shana (the mom) would be going out for supper. This is not unusual for a Thursday, but I still spent much of the day thinking of how wiped I already was and how I really wasn't looking forward to having the kids all the way through bed time.

Then, when Shana got home, she asked me if Steve had told me about it.

"Yup."
"So, do you want to come with us?"

Blank stare.

"Do you want to come out for dinner with us?"

Blank stare. Was it a trick? Of course I WANT to. But I have to watch the kids, right?

"We're taking the kids, didn't Steve tell you that?"

OHHHH. I get it! So we went for Mexican food and it was great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness, woudln't that have been a horrible trick.

Nooknook: Yah, I'd love to.

Lady: And what about the children?

Nookglook: Umm...

Lady: FIRED!

Nookylooky: But, sorry, I-

Lady:-OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW! BACK TO AMERICA!

Cassy said...

..but was it Red Hacienda good?