Tuesday, March 04, 2008

2 for 5!

That's how good I am at Roll Up the Rim so far. Both wins were free coffees... yum!

If you've heard my rant about the evils of Tim Horton's coffee, you might be thinking, "What the heck Ashley?" I know. I just can't resist those rims. It's like I'm giving up my morals for Lent.

Sam's 0 for 7 so far, but I gave her one of my free coffees. We've been trying to determine ways to increase our odds. Like on Saturday night we were planning on getting 2 XL coffees because we were very tired and sleep deprived, but had to go babysit my kids. Instead, we got 4 mediums so as to increase our odds (it worked). In addition, we've been discussing the best store locations as well as which lines to stand in. Anyways.

(Americans: Roll Up the Rim is a weird Canadian game. When you are done drinking your Tim Horton's coffee you use your teeth to roll up the rim of your to-go cup. Under the rim your prize will be written in both English and French. They give away cars and boats and stuff, but mostly free coffee and donuts. Odds of winning are about 1 in 9.)

10 comments:

kinneyland said...

I'm 2 for 2 right now! But 0 for 2 on my free drinks. Those are the best odd I've ever had. Usually I aim for smaller prizes (back when they gave out $1000 I wanted that), but this year we need a new car so I'm going for the Matrix. It's a good reason to increase my coffee drinking, right? Now if I could just figure out why I have these headaches....

Cassy said...

There is a Matrix parked outside the automall Tim's here in Abbotsford. John-Mark wants to win it.

Oh, and 1 in 9?

More like 0 in 56.

Anonymous said...

Cassy I am totally with you..I never win....maybe we should have a roll up to lose game instead....

Ashley Ronnell said...

0 for 56! I'm so proud of you Cassy! And I think Sam must be pretty jealous of your streak. (2 for 2 is also impressive.)

Cassy said...

Thanks?

arbyn said...

I'm 0 for 2.

I have a theory (thought of it as I rolled up the rim today): My bottom two teeth are starting to get crooked. I think it's from years of rolling.

You'd think they'd figure out an easier roll method by now!

kinneyland said...

My dad has a rim roller that attaches to his key chain. You put it on the rim then pull up and it unrolls and cuts it for you. But it's only a useful product for about 2 weeks of the year, so I don't think it was that big a seller.

Jen said...

1 for 5...oh, and I had a dream that we made a raft out of a dresser lined in titanium. Troy and Cassy were also in it. I think the key was a person in each corner. Might work better than garbage bags.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were supposed to use your teeth! Kind of strange, kind of embarrassing. But I've never won anything, I guess it's my technique.

Dr. Coopernicus Who said...

0 in 3