Sunday, January 20, 2008

Week(end)

Man, what a busy week... I worked M-F and had something going on every single evening. I almost used a whole book of transit passes!

I also knitted 2 toques due to the fact that the first one I knitted was to small and will have to be given to one of the many three year olds in my life. I think I'll make little mittens to go with it. (I think it was prophetic that Celia sent me mitten patterns for both adult and kid sizes.)


THEN... it was the weekend again. And SAM was here for the WHOLE WEEKEND! She called on Thursday and said, "I'm in Calgary!" and I said, "WOW! I'm so excited!" That's exactly how it happened. Really.

Friday evening we went for dinner with Sam's Aunt Tammy and cousin Annie, then we set up her grandma's new Wii and played some sports with her. I sucked at basketball, Sam sucked at skill ball, Nan sucked at darts. Or did Sam suck at darts, too? I can't really remember.

Saturday we woke up and played Cassy. That's the game where you watch The Weather Network for 30 minutes after you wake up. Sam only made it 14 minutes but I watched for the whole 30. (Let me tell ya, time does NOT fly when you are watching The Weather Network.) We played some Super Mario on the SNES, took Annie to the mall for some cookies, played some more Wii, and went to my house to "watch the kids" (they were already in bed). Basically we just played Duck Hunt and we played on Facebook because Sam does not have her own Internet in the developing nation of Hanna. Then we slept.

Sunday we woke up and the kids were REALLY excited that Sam was here because they REALLY like Sam and have been talking about her ALL week. (I don't really know what triggered this, as they had only played with Sam once before today, and it was way back in November or December.) Anyways, she built a ship with them and they made her some lovely crafts and I'm sure I'll be hearing all about how great she is for at least another week or two. When I got home just now they were very disappointed that Sam did not come home with me.

Anyways, we went to church and then for lunch at Timmy's and then Sam went back to Hanna and, well, I miss her again, but I will be OK. I AM from Horsefly. That's an inside joke, directed at Sam, who does not have Internet. Oops, shouldn't have done THAT.

4 comments:

Cassy said...

Ha! Still funny.

Anonymous said...

I DO not like playing Cassy...and look I am on the internet..take that..and that joke was really really funny... As for the children they can write me letters and what not if they would like then you can send them to me....they can be my PENPALS...that would be really really exciting....as for getting mail give me a few more weeks to get that figured out....PS i had a fun weekend with you. thanks for hanging out with my and my family..it could not have been better....

Cassy said...

Hey! I am going to take that personal . Its fun to be me... well, I like it anyways.

Ashley Ronnell said...

What, you don't want to be MY penpal anymore? I promise I won't send you any leg or armpit hairs! Also, I have a theory that, since you live in a small town, I can just write
Sam the EMT
Hanna, AB
on an envelope and it will get to you. Consider it an experiment in postal service.

In regards to playing Cassy, it was really not fun. Creep, I don't know how you did that every morning for so long.