Monday, January 14, 2008

________ partridge in a pear tree

Sam is in Hanna! (That reminds me of a joke, and a TV show, but I will spare you of both for now.)

Anyways, I know Sam has her own blog and that I don't really need to tell you that she is in Hanna, but I miss her, and I'm gonna keep missing her, so I guess you'll just have to live with my references to Sam and Hanna. Anyways, I'm excited to hear all about life in the sticks from a city girl such as Sam.

Things in Calgary are getting SUPER busy for me, which is actually a really good thing because that way I won't have time to be bummed out about my friend being farther away. (It's really quite the pathetic sight when I get bummed out, just ask anyone who has lived with me.)

Here are the sources of my new busy-ness: I picked up an extra 10+ hours of work a week watching a 3-year-old down the street (they have a Wii, I'm excited); I'm going on a missions trip to Brazil in August that'll require a good deal of preparation (not to mention Portuguese-learning); I'm starting UW correspondence courses as soon as my books get here.

Oh! And I also decided to pursue one of the ideas I had while I was brainstorming hobbies to take up. I'm knitting a toque! I might even get ambitious and try to make some matching mittens since the mittens I bought for 4.95 at Superstore are falling apart (imagine that).

I've also got a couple of adventures in the works. I'm heading to BC for camp's ski retreat, followed by who knows what. The possibilities are endless, as I have the whole week off. I'm also headed back to Southern Alberta Bible Camp in a few weeks to randomly volunteer at some weekend retreat that I know nothing about. Should be a good time, it's nice out there.

I guess that wasn't really anything too exciting, but I suppose once in awhile you just need to give the general update on life. There you have it.

6 comments:

Cassy said...

I know one thing you can do while you are in BC.... visit me!

arbyn said...

don't bother with mittens -- make arm warmers! They're easier and twice as cool!

Jackson said...

I have a mitten pattern that is quite easy if you are interested. And don't listen to Robyn.

kinneyland said...

that was me

Ashley Ronnell said...

Interested indeed! (In mittens, not arm warmers.)

Creep: I am going to call you when I figure out what is going on that week. But I will 100% see you sometime in February, OK?

Cassy said...

Okay, but I still want to hear the Hannah joke....