Friday, January 25, 2008

precision of language

The Giver. I love that book. There's a funny part where the protagonist's best friend Asher asks for a snack, but accidentally says smack. To prove a point about precision of language, his teacher smacks him.

The other night someone said, "Ashley, you are just so cool." She must have meant something else, like cruel or fool. Precision of language. And to prove that she was mistaken, I will tell you about what I am doing tonight, Friday night.

First of all, I'm blogging.

Second, I have been in my pajamas since 8:30pm.

Third... well, let me show you...

I have spent all of my free time in the past two days manipulating/creating images with Photoshop so I can print them onto t-shirts. Just for fun. The top two are the ones I made yesterday/today. The Transformers are the ones I made for Sam's birthday in December. (Optimus looks pretty sweet on the computer, but Bumblebee looks way better on the actual t-shirt.)

Fourth, I'm going to bed now.

4 comments:

kinneyland said...

I don't think she meant to say you're so fool.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're having as much fun as Sam is. When are you coming to visit. Sam said she was coming home wed. can you come for supper and stay over, if you 2 don't already have plans......
Mom T

Ashley Ronnell said...

OK, I'll come over on Wednesday. It like me.

travelling hobo said...

Can I get a shirt?! I am kinda a closet addict to Dr. Mario... and for the record, it is the only game that I can actually beat Jon at...s o I like it even more now.