Wednesday, December 13, 2006

the tree is half full

Today was a very fun day for work because my mission was to go out and find us a Christmas tree for our room at school. It was supposed to be a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. (This is particularly funny because I work at a school of millionaire children.)

"I need the ugliest cheapest tree you have." That is what I told the man.

This is where the story gets good. Apparently the going rate for a regular Christmas tree is in the neighborhood of $50. For an ugly cheap tree, it is $25. I thought that was a little much for the worst tree on the lot, so I asked if he had anything else.

He sure did.

He sold me half of a Christmas tree for $5. The bottom half. Apparently someone bought the original tree but did not want the bottom. So, thanks to me, we have the bottom half of a Christmas tree in our room at school. It makes me smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so very funny.

Cassy said...

my first year of clbi, some guys went out into the woods and cut down a tree for the cafeteria. It was the ugliest tree I have ever seen. To makematters worse, it was too big for the height of the ceiling, so they CUT THE TOP OFF!! That was the saddest tree I have ever seen, for sure.