Friday, December 08, 2006

Hairy Situation

This hair cutting business has been fun, but it is time to grow my hair out again. In fact, I've been growing it out for a couple of weeks now.

There are a couple of reasons for this. First of all, I really miss my ponytail. Secondly, my neck is cold. These two things have come to greatly outweigh the joys of cutting my own hair.

Now I will be experiencing the awkward in between short and long phase. Also, since the sides are a bit shorter than the back, I have been compulsively trimming the back to prevent anything that resembles a mullet.

-----

In completely unrelated news, I have been quite busy this week. Besides working from 6:45am-6pm every day, I have taken an evening class, gone to a baking party, and created the most beautiful birthday card I have ever made. Just so you know, I am pretty decent at making birthday cards, so it was a big deal for me.

It's incredible how quickly I brush aside basic things when I am busy. Yesterday during my morning shift, for example, I couldn't for the life of me remember the last time I showered. I know I showered after the retreat. Usually I can remember the last time I showered because the answer is usually "this morning." Gross. So, I went home on my morning break and showered. Then yesterday afternoon I couldn't for the life of me remember the last time I ate vegetables. So I went and got a slice of veggie pizza during my lunch break. Pizza counts as veggies, okay?

Anyways, the point is that taking care of yourself is generally a good idea. Or maybe the point is that I should be doing my laundry on my lunch break instead of blogging. Because I definitely can't remember the last time I did that. Either way, I think I have learned some sort of lesson at some point this week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had similar problems with remembering the last time I've showered. Perhaps its b/c its winter? Not that that makes any sense, but whatever.
At least you didn't forget to go to work
Also, so that you don't forget it's Christmas soon.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, laundry is overrated. Just so you know.

Ashley Ronnell said...

I agree Kortney. It's just the socks and panties that I'm worried about. I have been wearing my sandals so I don't have to do it. But the underwear situation is going to be unmanageable in a couple of days.

Cassy said...

I had that problem last year at school. I just bought more underwear. But no black silk.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Hahaha! PANTIES! HA!

Ashley Ronnell said...

(I laugh to hide the fact that I am feeling awkward)