Friday, November 02, 2007

Bummer?

I tend to go with the flow. I typically don't mind inconvenience. In fact, I kind of enjoy it. I usually like it when things don't work out as planned (better story). I also don't get homesick.

For about a month I have been planning to use my Alaska Airlines guest passes to go to Seattle with Sam for Remembrance Day weekend. Unfortunately, all the Alaska flights from Calgary to Seattle for next weekend are oversold.

So, I don't get to hang with my Villa kids.






Sam and I don't get to watch African Children's Choir and stalk Uncle David.




We don't get to laugh our pants off with Megan Jones Hazelton or be enlightened by Rob Bell.



Not to mention not being able to see some of the Seattle peeps and causing some ruckus at the old stompin' grounds.

This particular circumstance caused me to be quite bummed out from the time I talked to the Alaska man until the time I talked to Sam (approximately 8 hours of moping about). But then we made grandiose plans to have a "tourist weekend" in Calgary and it is going to be a lot of fun. So, after 8 wasted hours, I am back to being myself. That is, enjoying inconvenience and embracing things that do not work out as planned. Thanks, woman!

9 comments:

chelsea rae said...

that would have been a sweet trip! you guys really make big plans for your weekends hey?! i hope you have a good weekend even though you didn't get to go to seattle. any camrose trips in the future?

kinneyland said...

I'm sorry the flights didn't work out, but always remember: you have a zoo pass, so things will be okay.

Anonymous said...

yes we tend to make BIG plans for weekends...and our tourist weekend will be one of them....it is a bummer that Seattle did not work out but guess what...that means we can go somewhere when we get SICK of snow...oh man!!!

As for camrose Chelsea you have to come to us....PLEASE come with Jen when she comes down!!!!!

chelsea rae said...

maybe i should take i trip there before i go home for christmas...when do u go home nook?

Ashley Ronnell said...

Home? Very good question. I'll actually probably stick around here for December unless I can find a dirt cheap ticket to Seattle... and that doesn't seem to work out so well for me.

Ashley Ronnell said...

...as for Camrose, I'm pretty sure we have to make a trip sometime, as Lauren Renner seems to have left a facecloth and a sock in my bedroom.

chelsea rae said...

well, i know if i left my facecloth and sock in your room, i would want it back!

Anonymous said...

hey nook...how do i change my background from white to black and my font from black to white?

Megs said...

I'm not going to lie. i was deeply disapointed when i foudn out we wouldnt' be spending another weekend together. SIGH. alas i'm glad you are back to yourself and not mopping. i'm not quite there ;) hopw you have a stellar ourist weekend my dearest!