Saturday, September 09, 2006

Sick, Man

I am sort of hungry. But due to my own poor cooking skills, I am on a hunger strike... against myself. This is what happened. I don't have a whole lot of food right now and Friday is not a good day at the bread dumpster. I do have potatoes, though. So, tonight I made the nastiest french fries I have ever tasted.

I don't know what I did, but this is how I explain the taste of the fries I made:

Imagine a normal potato wedge soaked for three weeks in olive oil. Actually, let's make that motor oil. Imagine the oiled potato wedge quickly fried so that it is slightly crisped on the outside and incredibly soggy on the inside. Drop the wedge in a puddle of acid rain and then then someone who has been rubbing his feet across cabin six's carpet for six straight weeks will clean his toes with the fry. Also, a baby opossum has gnawed on the fry and every resident of the state of Arkansas has sneezed on it.

That is more or less what they tasted like. I am now staring at a large plate of them. They are shiny and scary.

6 comments:

Cassy said...

what did you do to those poor potatos???
Heres a tip: slice them up, put them on a baking sheet, sprinkle (key word here!) them with olice oil, and with a little spice, stick em in the oven, and youre good to go!

travelling hobo said...

Take Cassy's advice. No one, and I mean no one deserves to eat anything to do with cabin six. Gross man. Poor little opposum, what did it ever do to you?

Cassy said...

hey.... I saw your brother at church today, and I waved at him.

Anonymous said...

um, jimmy johns day old bread?! Hello

chelsea rae said...

manitoba is the arkansas of canada...or the armpit if you will!

Ashley Ronnell said...

armpit?! shangy shang, you can't be comparing manitoba and arkansas with my beloved ghana, which is the armpit of africa?! blasphemy!!!