Sunday, September 24, 2006

Need Help Moving?

I want to tell you a little bit about my moving experience.

I just moved about 15 blocks away from my old apartment. I do not have a car. Nor do I have a bike. But my roommate has a bike. About a week and a half ago, I decided that, with the help of my roommate and the little rack on her bike, it would be a good idea to just carry my stuff to the new place. It was a good idea for about 3 trips, When we were still carrying things like backpacks full of books and fluffy winter clothes. We thought we were funny and that it would make a good story. Then we got to things like fragile pots and dressers. Those were not fun. Because you can only hold so many fragile pots at one time and you can only put so many dresser drawers on a small bike rack. I more or less gave up and found someone with an SUV.

Sorry I could not offer you a story with a more exciting ending.

5 comments:

Cassy said...

Ha! That is a good story, at least. Did you really ride downt he street with drawers on a bike? I would have liked to have seen a picture of THAT. Could you imagine if soemone grabbed your butt right then? That would have been a super great story.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Ha! It surely would take some clever maneuvering of the hand to grab the butt of someone who was riding a bike with a dresser drawer on the back of it!

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of when we brought our couches over from the thrift store, good times.
I would have liked to be sitting a in a coffee shop watching you go back and forth. In fact, I would have just sat there for hours observing you and predicting what was coming next.
However if it really was me watching actually you moving, I probably would have had to help, so I guess I'm glad I didn't see it

arbyn said...

you should ask celia about how she moved her couches home.

NO

She stole my comment!

Cassy said...

ok, so I just put a picture on my profile, case Im inept, and just figured it out now... and I finally have Gregory on the internet, he has all my pictures... so I just wanted to try it out and see it for real.