Saturday, April 18, 2009

Proverbs 12:18

Isn't being human so frustrating sometimes? Sometimes I just can't stop myself from saying things that are unnecessarily argumentative. Even when I know that my reckless words are piercing like a sword, they just come out of my mouth. Easily. Using the tongue to bring healing is so much more difficult. Sorry is such a hard word to mutter sometimes!

I love my buddy Sam so much, but there are times when we just don't get along. I often have to apologize for being grumpy and taking it out on her. Though arguments escape my lips so quickly, my apologies require an uncomfortable dose of humility.

Every time I apologize, I sit there and wonder if it's possible to be free from this pattern. Or does the real freedom lie in the grace of God concerning such things?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgive you