Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Game

On the major Canadian holidays (Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas), Sam's family has a big dinner and, after dinner, they always play what is referred to as "The Game." It's basically a white elephant sort of deal where everyone buys a small gift, everyone gets a number, then everyone opens a gift. Stealing is involved and it's pretty fun.

I'm pretty much always there for the game, unless it's Christmas, which I go back to Washington for. My strategy is to just buy something I like, then I can steal it for myself when the time comes. I put some Divine Chocolate in the game, which is the best in the world (this is fact, not opinion). Tootz (Sam's aunt) opened it and I was glad because if I couldn't get it, I would want her to have it. So, I didn't steal it, and there wasn't really much else to steal at that point. I opened a present.

It was two jars of PICKLES! "Oh no," I thought, "nobody's going to steal these pickles from me and I'm gonna have to keep them." Then, Sam's grandma opened an iTunes card, which got stolen from her pretty quickly. Then my luck changed. Sam's grandma STOLE THE PICKLES! Apparently she liked the lifting device that one of the jars had in it (so you don't have to stick your fingers in the jar).

After a series of steals and strategies, I got my chocolate back! And Sam got the iTunes card, so we can go find some new music. Success.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are AMAZING. What music are we going to get???