Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oh boy! Time sure flies when you're having... fun?

Haha, oh man I'm so embarrassed right now. Tonight I got SO MAD at Sam while we were playing Dutch Blitz with Sachiko. I yelled at her, called her a cheater, and then stormed out of the house. I even slammed the front door and then sped off in my car.

Poor Sachiko tried to mediate our domestic dispute, but I was being completely erratic and irrational and Sam was, justifiably, laughing at me. Mediate that!

Good thing I'm house/dogsitting right now. It's always a little awkward coming back home after you've made a total ass of yourself. Apologizing is way easier on the phone.

I never yell like that when I'm angry, and I am a bit disappointed that I wasted such passionate rage on a game, even if it the best game on the planet. I guess I'm just saying it might have been more fun to unload all of that rage on someone who is not my best friend in the whole world. I guess I'm also saying that it might also be more fun to unload all of that rage if it was for something worth raging against. Maybe I should organize a game of Dutch Blitz with Joseph Kony and Robert Mugabe?

Moral of the story? The only thing I should be allowed to do when I am tired is sleep.

2 comments:

Peter Eichstaedt said...

I invite you to see my new book on child soldiers in Africa titled First Kill Your Family: Child Soldiers of Uganda and the Lord's Resistance Army, available now at Amazon com. See more at www.firstkillyourfamily.com and follow the issue at www.petereichstaedt.blogspot.com
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Take it from somebody who has spent a lifetime of being an ASS, just apologize and hope that their love is enough to forgive you!!!

Love you,
Robin