Monday, February 02, 2009

Motivation

Whenever I have nothing to do on Mondays I am such a grump by the end of the day. The problem is I have absolutely no motivation to go out and do anything these days. So I spend the whole day bumming around and thinking about stupid things like how unmotivated I am, etc. and it's rather depressing. Then Sam comes home and I take it all out on her, haha, I feel bad for her for having to put up with me. So today she has commanded that I get out of the house and do something.  That way maybe I won't be mean to her tonight (at least not meaner than is normal for us). So I'm going ice skating - I'm still determined to learn how to stop like the hockey players do... yup, that's what I'm gonna do... just as soon as I work up the motivation to get my skates from the basement...

P.S. have you ever heard of despair.com? They make posters to make fun of those cheesy motivational posters.  I think it's absolutely hilarious... maybe that's part of my problem?
Anyways. I'd better go skate because otherwise Sam will be mad. And because it's good for me.

5 comments:

running g said...

ha! this is how i feel in the summer. so much free time all at once isn't a productive thing for me either ;-) how was ice skating?

kortney said...

Hahaha. That was the greatest poster I've ever seen. I laughed right out loud!!!

Bobby's World said...

I can relate to your lack of motivation on a day off. I find myself in that same situation when Genevieve is working and I have the day off. Especially since she has the car, I feel stuck in the house and then I usually find that I didn't really do anything the whole day.

Oh, and I love those posters. My friend Tony sent me a link a long time ago. It's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Check out ted.com and download a video. You will no longer have any excuses. If you still can't motivate yourself? You need an exorcist Don't tell me you will do it as soon as u get motivated to type in the web-adress.

Hene

Ashley Ronnell said...

Hene, you are the BEST.