Wednesday, March 28, 2007

to bed, take two

Not too long ago, I self-diagnosed myself with pinkeye and went to bed. An hour later (not 5 minutes ago), I hear my name. It is G-ma calling. Erin. My roommate. The birthday girl. The good news is that my eye feels slightly less like it is on fire. The bad news is that Erin says she heard a mouse in her room. Tasks such as searching for rodents are generally assigned to me, so it was acceptable that she woke me. Maybe there is a mouse in her room, but I tried my hardest and I could not find it.

Just looking for the mouse made me think of two funny things, though.

First, Chelsea, Sam - remember that HUGE spider that crawled into Chelsea's stuff? And I found it in her duffel bag and killed it? That is kind of what this was like. Except that I was looking in an entire room instead of just a bag. And I did not find it at all.

Second, ANYONE who stayed with the same family as I did in Ping - remember the corn hanging in the corner of the room and the family of mice that came with it? And how we slept on the floor and the mice crawled all over us? And ate our food? And overtook us and drove us out the middle of the night? Oh, Ghana. Good times.

Man I am flipping exhausted. If this eye problem goes away, I have to catch the bus in 5 hours to get to work on time. I want it to go away, but... OY!

1 comment:

Breathing Aether said...

Augh! Speaking of which - I forgot to send you your present! You need to send me your new address so I can send it before you move to Canada and forget me forever. :(