Friday, March 30, 2007

Good one!

Today I played the funniest trick on my roommate without even knowing it. After my first shift of work, I gave her a call because I remembered that I had left my clothes in the washing machine. She wasn't working today, so I thought she might be able to throw the clothes into the dryer for me.

"My change purse is on my desk. I have the key to the laundry room in there and there should be enough quarters to dry the load."

That's what I told her.

The trick was when she went to look for the change purse. For some unknown reason, I have 3 different change purses on my desk and NONE of them have the key in it. One had foreign currencies in it, one only had American pennies, and one had Canadian change.

Oops. Turns out the change purse that Erin was looking for - the one with the key and quarters in it - is the same one that I unknowingly brought to work with me today.

Sorry, Erin. I didn't mean to frustrate you. But c'mon, that's funny.

7 comments:

kinneyland said...

You were too early for her to be an April fool

Anonymous said...

you are funny! Like really funny...I like that you have so many change purses!! Just never know when you need foreign money....

arbyn said...

wait, I'm confused.

What's the difference between foreign currency and Canadian currency?

kinneyland said...

So I have recently discovered the most amazingly delicious feta in my neighbourhood, it always makes me think of you. Next time you come to visit I will make you Greek salad and see if you can stay awake for a while....

Anonymous said...

Um Robyn the Difference is that she also has...Europe Money, and Ghana Money and Japan Money...that is the foreign money..The Canadian is well just Canadian her 2nd home..soon to be her first home!

Ashley Ronnell said...

... and British money.

(That goes in the "foreign currency" change purse, not the "Canadian" purse. Though perhaps I could have gone either way on that one)

Phen, when is that big Greek party in your neighborhood? Is it in June? Can I come have Greek salad during it and then also go fishing for gyros off of your balcony? And Creepy should be there, too, I think. And I promise to stay awake until at least 9 o'clock.

Ashley Ronnell said...

By the way Sam, I like how you know all of the currencies I have in my possession.