Saturday, March 03, 2007

I may have looked a bit foolish

I just went to the little grocery store up the street to buy some delicious whole milk. It was only $1.52, but I didn't get cash beforehand so I had to pay with my card.

"There's a $2.50 limit for all credit or debit transactions," said the woman running the place.

"Oh, okay. Could I also get a soy latte, then?" I loved that this was possible because everything in Seattle doubles as a coffee shop.

But, really. A soy latte. To go with my whole milk. I'm such a dork.

6 comments:

Cassy said...

Ah haha.

Anonymous said...

That is way to funny....

Ashley Ronnell said...

Okay, so I've been informed that things like this are normal in Seattle. In fact, nobody here thinks my story is funny at all.

Anonymous said...

Well that is really to bad...

Ashley Ronnell said...

I think so too. I wonder if it is also normal in Seattle for a man to go pee at the bus stop. Because that is what happened today.

arbyn said...

if you hadn't put it all together for me in the last sentence, I would never have got it. Thank you from me and my slow side.