Thursday, August 12, 2010

Next Chunk... Sumas!

After tensely waiting at the gate in Calgary to see if I would get a seat for my flight to Seattle (yeah standby!), I made it onto the plane and to the Emerald City.

First stop: Sumas.

My little brother (who is not as little as he used to be) was hosting a 3-on-3 basketball tournament in Sumas the next day and I had been recruited to monitor/referee one of the courts.

It poured and poured and poured, but it was fun. Until a crazy mom got all up in my grill and started yelling at me after one of the games. (Why does there always have to be a crazy mom?) Crazy mom yelled things like, "If you want to make it in the reffing world, you'd better listen to me," and, "You ruined that child's self-esteem for life." Oh well, she's probably over it by now. Or maybe she is having fun telling all her crazy mom friends about the awful referee at the tournament in Sumas.

I really don't want to make it in the reffing world, by the way. I reffed intramurals for a couple of years at UW and it really is a sucky job. Unless you like to be yelled at by people like crazy mom.

Stay tuned for the next stop: Seattle.

4 comments:

Kwabena Hene Koduah said...

LMAO!!!!

Girl that was the funniest blog entry on the web. You now own the internets.Wow, your bro is really good looking (no homo) you guys got good genes.

Nice to know soccermoms can be found on b-ball courts as well.
hahaha!

My internet modem is busted so had to send in back for replacement(it's still pending).

Catch you online soon.

Ashley Ronnell said...

What can I say? We are the beautiful people of Sumas. Hurry up and get back online, I miss you!

Kwabena Hene Koduah said...

well i called 'em today and they said it would get replaced this week(in Ghana that means anywhere between now and the end of the year).

Ashley Ronnell said...

Hm. I guess I will accept that answer. See you soon, then (in Ghana time...)