Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Gorgeous Chunk o' Lavender (and Erin)!

After a healthy dose of sleep on Saturday night, Gen, Bobby, and I woke up and got ready to go watch Erin and Will get hitched. The weather was looking a little gray, but a flash of blue showed up as we drove off of the ferry onto Vashon Island. By the time we got to the lavender farm, the weather was perfect.

At the farm, I meandered around for awhile and found some dear old friends to catch up with. What a gorgeous place to have a celebration with friends.
Strolling around the farm with Hilary. (I had to get nice shoes for the occasion.)
Posing with my old roomie Tammy, who got married the next day!
The wedding itself was just beautiful. Erin Lee and William got married in the orchard - everyone stood during the ceremony and it was really nice. Will got nice and choked up looking at beautiful Erin. After the ceremony there was some chill time involving delicious appetizers and more wandering around the farm. Then Erin and Will came out to the reception and it was great! I was very patient in waiting for my Erin hug. I know the day was supposed to be all about Erin and Will, but I needed an Erin Lee hug!
So much love!
I have to pause from the emphasis on happiness and friends for just a moment to say that the food was absolutely phenomenal. I have never in my life had such good food at a wedding. As I sit here typing, I am literally daydreaming about all of the food. Grilled veggies, roasted veggie ravioli, amazing salad, and so on. Topped off with a dreamy dessert that was so tasty I don't even know how to spell it.

OK, back to the wedding. Erin was beautiful, Will was handsome (and pulled off a fedora like nobody's business), everyone was spilling over with happiness, and it was all in all an awesome day. Plus it was at a lavender farm. How cool.
Workin' the new dress and sweater like it ain't no thang.

No comments: