Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Chunk o' Seattle

Shopping Bag Advertising
Leaving Trader Joe's
After the basketball tournament, I caught a ride with my sister and her boyfriend down to Seattle. My purpose in visiting Seattle was to attend my dear old roommate Erin's wedding. She got married on an island in the Puget Sound, so I stayed the night with some friends in Seattle.

My hosts weren't home yet when I arrived, so I went for a familiar stroll from Wallingford down into the U-District. I love being a pedestrian in Seattle. There is always something interesting to look at. These are a few pictures of things I saw on my walk.

"Stop Whining" School Bus
The weather was a little dreary and I had packed a (new and awesome) sleeveless dress to wear the next day, so I wandered down to Urban Outfitters to see if I could find a nice button-up sweater to wear with it (are those called cardigans?).

I also hit up Trader Joe's to stock up on treats for my Canadian friends. Chocolate and coffee, mostly. Entirely, actually.

Eventually I made it back up to the place where I was staying and a few minutes after I arrive, Gen and Bobby returned. Yay! We had a nice evening catching up and playing games. We got to bed pretty early - we had a wedding to attend the next day!

Next chunk: Vashon Island!

3 comments:

arbyn said...

I found a Trader Joe's cookbook the other day. I didn't realize it was such a big deal.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Yes, apparently it is. I lived about a block away from TJ's when I was living in Seattle so I thought it was pretty normal and not such a big deal. Since moving to Calgary, though, I have realized it is pretty awesome!

kinneyland said...

hairy back soon! wow, that is so awesome. It's probably going to be part of my every day conversation.