Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday already?

I have been doing a healthy amount of writing over the past week. Feels good. Creativity in general feels good. I've been doing some drawing and other sorts of creating lately just because it feels good. I like to call these things "little projects."

One of the little projects I've been engaging in is digitalizing some admittedly not-all-that-incredible drawings I did a year or two ago. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I did them two years ago. Where has that time gone?!

The drawings were simple reflections on different Psalms. I think I only did the first six, but I will slowly continue to move through them. (At this rate I will finish a few years before my 100th birthday, haha.)

I will eventually post the final products with the verses that stuck out to me the most as well as a short commentary on what the drawing means to me. But, for today, I just want to show you a before and an after picture because it is kind of fun. The before pictures are terrible, they don't look that bad in real life. The scanner did a sad job of picking up the colors. I got to brighten and straighten it up, though, and it was fun even if it is not a masterpiece.

OK, here is your teaser!

BEFORE

AFTER

4 comments:

kinneyland said...

I like the before better.

Also, it totally reminds me of Danielson.

arbyn said...

OH I love the after!!!

I look forward to this project!

Kwabena Hene Koduah said...

I prefer the before image.

Its the play on the geometry in the tree (leaves) does it for me, it's missing in the after. and also the colors of the fruit they seem a bit more vibrant in the before (because they contrast with the leaves)which evokes more emotion. the After even though it looks cleaner lacks a certain personality(must be the missing brush strokes).Before is the tree i envision when i think of the passage.

You could try playing with the image> adjustments>vibrance in Photoshop or using image>adjustments>curves after scanning your work. (sent an adjusted image to your mail,may not be what you were gunning for.)

Great artwork.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Lovin' the feedback, guys! I'll make sure to include the before pictures in these posts.