Saturday, September 05, 2009

Puzzle Pieces

Things are working out.

I have a flight to Abbotsford booked for Wednesday. I'll spend a couple of days with my mom, then head to Seattle.

I'm going to take 2 classes this quarter at a community college in Seattle. I already got a letter guaranteeing that they will transfer to the university here in Calgary. I'm about 95% sure that I will be back in Calgary for winter semester. (The 5% is intended to account for the unpredictability of immigration officers.)

I got rehired for my old job at the daycare! The current daycare director doesn't know me, but the principal likes me a lot, and her recommendation was enough to get me that job.

The only hairy thing remaining is housing. I'm looking into what is described as a "small sleeping chamber" that is ridiculously cheap and in a kind of cool sounding cooperative living house. The room itself sounds... primitive (I think that is too nice of a word), but I'm not picky and it'd be really nice to save some money by living simply. We'll see if that works out after I actually see the place in about a week or so.

I really REALLY want to sincerely say thank you to everyone who has offered encouraging words, their couches in Seattle, prayers, phone calls, text messages, hugs, spontaneous visits, advice, and lots of love. What started out as a really crappy week actually turned out to be not so bad and, even though I'm gonna miss Sam and Co. like crazy, I think I'll be OK.

How are you guys so amazing? It blows my mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we can have family skype time....

Ashley Ronnell said...

can i come over for skype supper sometime? maybe watch some skype disney channel from your bed? skype in to play dutch blitz? will you take me to the parking lot to watch planes land on skype? can you give me skype hugs?