Thursday, September 10, 2009

Motion Movement

I'm in Sumas right now, being reminded that there is not much to do in Sumas. The house my mom is renting is literally 2 blocks from the border that I cannot cross without convincing an immigration official that I won't stay in Canada illegally.

I go to Seattle on Sunday and start work on Monday. My living arrangements are still being sorted out, but I think I might just couch surf and, if there are a few gaps, I can always bunk at the young adult shelter that exists in the basement of the church I go to in Seattle (don't judge - I think it would be adventurous).

As for my mental state, it is a little shaky, but experience tells me that I will survive. I am generally flexible and easygoing, but I put a lot of energy into getting ready to go back to school this semester and most of that got thrown out the window after my immigration interview last Tuesday. That still stings.

I will admit, though, that my stress level actually went way down after my interview and I am really glad that it is finally over. Even though I am still getting over what happened at the interview, I've at least had the motivation to figure out what to do about it. This summer was really rough and I am so glad it is done even though I am not where I was expecting or hoping to be.

I am ready to full-out tackle these next three months with whatever strength I can muster up. I'm going to work my face off, ace my classes, and do everything I can to get ready to apply for a study permit at the consulate in Seattle. I know I will have days where I won't be this motivated, where all I will want to do is hop on a flight back to Calgary, but right now I have to force myself to be excited about everything (rejoice always, right?).

I get to take a couple of classes that will transfer. I get to go back to a job that I loved. I have some incredible friends in Seattle who aren't going to let me be miserable for three months. These are things worth being excited about.

1 comment:

Cassy said...

I am glad. You will do great!