Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dry Bones

Dry Bones is a guy from various Mario games. He's the skeleton turtle guy who crumples when you jump on him, but then reassembles a few moments later. It's pretty unrelated to what I'm gonna write about now.

Dry hands are the WORST! I've always had reasonably clammy hands, but when it gets really cold here, they get so dry. I have to moisturize like crazy.

Last year, during the first really cold spell, I made Sam look at my tummy to see what was the matter. I had a mild rash and I was all itchy. She was all like, "Dude, you have dry skin. Go put some lotion on." I didn't even have any lotion! I had never had to deal with such a thing before.

It's the worst after showering, which also makes my hands dry. I can't even touch my clothes to put them on until after I've moisturized my hands. That feeling of dry hands on cotton is just awful! I think I've come to rely on my natural moisturizer (sweat) as a grip enhancer and I really can't handle being without that.

1 comment:

running g said...

I can't imagine you without clammy hands!?! my hands get like that here in Chicago too when it gets really cold...definitely awful.