Monday, January 26, 2009

Shoes for Special Occasions.

It's a little odd, I'll admit it, but I strongly dislike new shoes. Not because they are uncomfortable and not for any hippie reason you might expect from me, rather because they are TOO CLEAN. I feel so goofy walking around in a pair of shiny new shoes. Further evidence that I am a bum to the core. My favorite shoes are getting holes in them, so I ended up buying a pair that is exactly the same (which, by the way, I had to go to Seattle to do). I am trying to gradually wear in the new ones by wearing them on warm days when it's extra mucky outside. At the same time, I don't want my old ones to become unwearable before the new ones stop looking so clean. So right now the old ones are only for special occasions. I'm wearing them to the Anberlin concert tonight. Overthinking things? I most definitely am. But that's what happens when you have Mondays off and little to do but wait for your friend to come home so you can go see a sweet concert. Can you tell the difference?
(P.S. You can look forward to human right #5 on Friday! I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm out of my unmotivated funk, but I'm getting there...)

4 comments:

VanillaRose said...

I can actually... the left ones are more white...

by the way, now that Erin is back, you should come back too. :P Or, at least come for another visit. I might be able to see you this time!

Cassy said...

They look lik they are getting there!

Nice work!

Megs said...

Ooh haha you rock! Enjoy Anberlin, I missed them yesterday...Mav went though said they were awesome, actually got on stage with them! Anyways have fun and enjoy the confort of your old shoes!

running g said...

what?! I hate new shoes for the same reason! you have to break them in....