Saturday, January 10, 2009

Austin

I have a favorite person and his name is Austin J. Neitch. He is my brother and I love him. This is his grade 1 picture. I like how he's missing his front teeth, he has a rash on his mouth from eating too much sugar, and he has a scab over his right eye from falling off his bike. For some strange reason I have a vivid memory of his picture day from that year. 

I also remember when he was born. I was in grade 2 and my mom brought him in for my show and tell that week. Later on in grade 2, when Austin was a few months old, I remember playing with him before I went for school. He puked all over me and I had to change my clothes, so I was late that day.

I remember when he started talking, and how my sister Jacquelyn and I taught him to quote A Goofy Movie. "Smiley Wiley!" "It's the leaning tower of cheese-a."

I remember when, in my grade 5 year, my friend Haley and I dressed him up like a girl and put body glitter all over him. My mom never really liked Haley after that.

Anyways, tomorrow is his birthday. He'll be 16. He's really great.

3 comments:

bizzybee said...

I LOVE A Goofey Movie! It was one of my favorites growing up, but I always got depressed at that part where they go see the pupets at that hick place, and he sits next to the little hick girl who is super excited to be there even though he thought it was really lame - maybe that's because I related all too well to that moment. Now I'm depressed. But anyway, it's a good movie.

Ashley Ronnell said...

Haha... wow Barbara, that is a little sad but quite funny.

Cassy said...

I saw him yesterday! He wasnt sleeping!